March 4, 2014

Bast’s new icon arrives!

Posted in Festivals, GodBling at 7:59 pm by

My new state icon has arrived — right on Onion Day! I’m so excited.

Some pictures:

These are the three different icons that have been used in my state shrine over the years. The first was the black-and-gold Summit Collection Bast on the left — just resin, and not the lion-Bast that I usually “get,” but this was a good icon for me. On the right is the bronze that I’ve been using lately. It’s a copy of the Bast from my set of Seven Arrows. Lovely, but a little too small. The new one is in the center, striking the balance betwen them.

Here She is in close up.

And a clearer view, taken by the foundry.

She was created by Lena Toritch of Young Fine Art Studio in Salt Lake City. I can definitely recommend Lena’s work!

Dua Bast — nekhtet!

7 Comments »

1. Joan said,

March 7, 2014 at 8:15 am

That is a gorgeous sculpture. Perhaps now that your statue has arrived, the one I commissioned won’t be far behind? The clay model: http://www.joanannlansberry.com/other/Set%20clay1.jpg

2. Shefyt said,

March 7, 2014 at 8:58 am

Hopefully! (Ooh, that model is gorgeous!)

3. Iwa'at said,

March 7, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Shes beautiful!! :D.
    Dua Bast!

4. Anonymous said,

March 16, 2014 at 1:22 pm

That’s absolutely stunning, Shefyt. Wow. Dua Bast, a thousand times!

Yours as well Joan. I do hope you’ll post the final sculpture somewhere. So much love for both of these gods. You both have found an amazing artist, and obviously put a great deal of thought into the sculptures themselves. <3

5. Saryt/Ekunyi said,

March 16, 2014 at 1:22 pm

That’s absolutely stunning, Shefyt. Wow. Dua Bast, a thousand times!

6. JewelofAset said,

March 23, 2014 at 9:12 am

Those are gorgeous statues! Wow! Dua Bast!

7. Joan said,

May 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Dear ‘Anonymous’ and the rest of Shefyt’s readers, in case you haven’t see my postings elsewhere, here is url of one statue photo, Lena’s an amazing artist!

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URL