March 5, 2012

D is for the Day of Chewing Onions for Bast

Posted in Festivals, Pagan Blog Project 2012 at 1:47 pm by

For the Pagan Blog Project. I’m running behind, so I’ll start catching up with a photo blog from this weekend’s House of Netjer gathering, at which we celebrated our beloved Day of Chewing Onions for Bast. (Thank you to Wasi, Tepta, and Avy for helping to make this day so special!)

The shrine, with the new garden statue at the center, flanked by flowers, sweets, and sistra

Roses for Bast this year

Bast against the western window and the long slant of the setting sun

Bast after the procession to Her place, adorned with all our prayers

Nobody remembered to get a picture of the Bloomin’ Onion, though….

Dua Bast! Firstborn of Tem, hail to You on Your day!

5 Comments »

1. Kiya Nicoll said,

March 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I find it reassuring that my calendar and y’all’s calendar are in roughly similar places. ;) Dua Bast!

2. Helmsman Of-Inepu said,

March 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm

That is a particularly nice statue of her.

3. LadyTanha said,

March 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I absolutely adore that statue of Her. I’m so glad you guys had a good time. ^.^

4. Shefyt said,

March 7, 2012 at 11:06 am

Kiya, I noticed that when you did your post on the Festival of the Eye; we have a four-day Feast of Ra and the Eye of Ra that starts on March 1. I’ll definitely look forward to your thoughts on future festivals! ^_^

Helms and LadyTanha, thanks! I got Her from Wayfair. They have also a seated scribe statue. Hmm…and the actual manufacturer, Orlandi Statuary, has some other Egyptian items. as well. (Ooh! Is that a lion-headed Goddess on their papyrus column? And a Nut? Gah, I wish they’d let you rotate the image….)

5. Kiya Nicoll said,

March 8, 2012 at 8:42 pm

A four-day feast of Ra and the Eye starting around then? Gee, that sounds kinda familiar!

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URL